St. Maries Children’s Chorus Auditions FAQs
What are auditions like?
- Singers will be asked to sing a simple song (Twinkle, Twinkle, Happy Birthday etc) of their choosing and will be led through a few basic vocal warm-ups.
When are auditions?
- Auditions occur within the first two weeks of each season, in September and January. Submit an audition request online and someone will be in touch to schedule your audition time. https://www.smchoralarts.org/smcc/auditions
What kind of singer is SMCC looking for?
- SMCC happily accepts students in 2nd through 8th grade who love to sing and are ready to work and grow. Students do not have to be the most talented musicians, but a hard-work ethic, responsibility, and passion for music are a must.
How is SMCC organized?
- SMCC consists of two separate groups Prima and Dolce that together create St. Maries Children's Chorus. Prima is the perfect starting place for younger singers and Dolce is an advanced group for our older and more skilled singers. At each concert the two groups perform both independently and combined.
When and where are rehearsals?
- Rehearsals are on Monday evenings at Leonardtown High School from 5:30pm-6:45pm.
How long are the seasons?
- The fall season begins in September and goes through December. The spring season begins in January and goes through May. Singers may choose to participate in one or both seasons.
How much does it cost?
- The registration for each season is $75. This covers the operating expenses for the choir and also includes one free SMCA tshirt per student per year.
How many concerts are there?
- There are always at least two concerts each season. One is just SMCC and the other includes all of St. Maries Choral Arts. Sometimes there is an additional performance opportunity based on the season and there are also several optional spirit night events each season as well.
- Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions or concerns you might have.